Britax Advocate ClickTight Convertible Car Seat
Hey there! I am gonna describe a very strong and safe car seat for your baby. Yes, I will describe to you the Britax Advocate ClickTight Convertible Car Seat, Mosaic.
You are welcome here for your quarry about Click tight convertible seat for your baby. As a conscious parent, I know you have the consciousness about your baby’s safety while you are driving your car with your little passenger. We are here for giving you the proper and vivid knowledge about what type of click tight convertible car seat has the most safety measures for your child. We are 100% sure about that your confusion about buying a click tight convertible seat will be cleared by this review.
Britax’s Advocate CT convertible car seat has the patented ClickTight Installation System,3 layers of side impact protection, with Click & Safe Snug Harness Indicator, and SafeCell Impact Protection for a child. Car seat installation is easy. It gives your baby the 100% safety and security of babies
So, let’s have the total information about the click tight convertible car seat for your little passenger!
DESCRIPTION OF THE PRODUCT
As I have reviewed many Britax seats over the years I find them very impressive and well designed with well engineered. It is known to all that Britax company is on the front line of car seat manufacturing technology for years. We all know that Britax has devoted itself to continuously manufacturing Its new seats with more better quality and ensuring them safer than the earlier ones. Which impressive system we find nowadays in the car seat like the ClickTight system, yes it is the latest and updated system which is used for an example of this and many of families are using these car seats for their child every now and then.
What is included in this review right? Ok I am going to tell you that this particular review will be a few of an update and particulars to the already existing review of the Britax Boulevard CT car seat. Though they seem similar, though there is a few small differences between the two!
I must tell you that what I am going to describe it’s an Advocate ClickTight, not the Boulevard Click tight car seat of Britax, What I found is the only some important difference between the two models of Boulevard Click tight car seat and Advocate ClickTight is the external or out sided side impact cushions which are found on the Advocate CT car seat system. Now, you may be thinking that it does not need to say they are not important. As you know that the external or out sided side impact cushions will provide your baby an extra layer of impact-absorbing protection with extra safety yes, also with side-impact protection, I must say that the interior design and mechanism of the seat is impressively identical to the Boulevard CT car seat, I think in this case there are not many comments to add there for this seat purpose.
I want to add that this special version of the Advocate CT has come with the impressive ARB system which is called the anti-rebound bar. Let me give you the info that if you want you certainly can buy a Boulevard ClickTight car seat with the anti-rebound bar (ARB) if you mostly interested with the Boulevard CT model. Additional information for you that If you have already buy an Advocate or Boulevard CT car seat model with the ClickTight system, you can simply order for the anti-rebound bar (ARB) individually for your baby’s seat.
If you analyze you will find that in the brand’s lineup The Britax USA Advocate is one of the most useful and safe convertible car seats. This car seat has brought change over previous models is the addition of the ClickTight technology and that has made installation easier than ever before.
The click tight technology has now become a notable feature in other models by Britax. The producing company managed to make it better day by day by including the convertible option, which describes that child can go from relaxing in the rear-facing baby seat to turn around an also can enjoy the front-facing car seat. With having the ClickTight feature installed in it, this impressive car seat has now become one of the easiest to install in your car, I am assuring you that it will keep the babies safe while you are on the road.
DESCRIPTION WITH FEW MORE DETAILS
The Advocate ClickTight convertible car seat has the impressive patented ClickTight Installation System in it. This car seat has safest 3 layers of side impact protection which will protect your baby properly. There you will be provided with Click & Safe Snug Harness Indicator which is easy to use. The SafeCell impact Protection for ensuring the proper safety of your baby while you are on the ride with your baby.
Advocate ClickTight convertible car seat installation process is very easy as buckling a seatbelt thanks to the ClickTight Installation System. I personally feel that In the Advocate Car Seat you are surrounded in safety. This impressive seat features the well engineered patented Britax SafeCell Impact Protection system which is included with a steel frame, energy-absorbing base, V-shaped tether so that it can minimize seat rotation and staged-release stitches which will slow and reduce forward movement in the event of a sudden crash.
Britax company of USA designed and engineered the impressive Advocate ClickTight Car Seat with extra three strong layers of side impact absorption. There is a deep foam-lined shell, side cushions and head protection that will properly shield your child from the most severe type of collision. Plush there is foam padding and fabric, along with seven recline positions which ensure the premium comfort for your baby. Advocate ClickTight convertible car seat has 14-position easy-adjust harness which will grow along with your baby and you can easily change the height of the seat with just pushing of a button – Yes, no rethreading necessary for that.
You will be glad knowing that your child’s harness is within range of proper tightness while sitting on this car seat. With the sound of a click I want to thank the Click & Safe Snug Harness Indicator. I am sure you will know it’s correctly adjusted. The Advocate car seat is durable you can use the rear-facing of this car seat within 5-40 pounds and in the term of forward-facing within 20-65 pounds. The child standing height 49” or less. The Car seat dimensions are 20.5” W x 23.5” H x 23” D. The impressive 14-Position harness slot heights are 8.35” to 19.4”. Yes, most importantly it is FAA approved.
KEY POINTS ABOUT ADVOCATE CT
EASY FIT TO CHILDS
Let me give you a demo example (the example that I am going to give you has been practiced physically). Let’s have an imaginary smallest model of a 1-month-old baby boy named Jhon. He weighs 10 pounds and he is 22 inches tall. At first, I was worried about while I went to shot his picture because by mistake I had left the infant insert at home, but you know what! Jhon the tiny guy fit perfectly without the infant insert.
I actually bumped Jhon up to the second height setting of the seat on the harness because that is how low the lowest setting system is. Actually, If I had some time to play around with the fit for him on the seat, or if I was honestly going to drive him anywhere from it, I must tell you that I would definitely have removed the huge rubber HUGS pads of this car seat. I would adjust the crotch buckle cover down him. It was a bit tough to get a snug fit on a newborn baby with the rubber HUGS pads on the seat, but the harness height of this car seat was properly fine and I with very comfortable can say that the Advocate CT would fit most average-sized of newborn baby from birth with the infant insert of this car seat.
I forgot to tell you that my very petite 2-year-old baby (he is 32” and 23 pounds weight) is next, and as a kid of middle-sized, it is not so surprising that he too had excellent fit in the Advocate CT. On that time I notice the fact that he has a bit less legroom than maybe he would in some other car seats.
I am now going to tell you about my last rear-facing model that I have physically experiment. He was average in size nearly 4-year-old ( he was 41”, 34 pounds in weight). This model was within the rear facing limits and he had some room space to grow within the harness of this car seat. I must say that He definitely had less legroom in the seat if I compared to how he fits in other convertible car seats that he used from time to time as his car seat, so to say that is a bit of a drawback.
In the time of practicing with the Forward-facing system of this car seat, the same 4-year-old child was gone through a good fit with two to three harness clicks left to grow of this car seat. The crotch buckle system of this Advocate CT car seat just has to be on the outer slot for forwarding facing point and this time he definitely would not have been comfortable without that adjustment process of the seat.
I think above information gives a view of how the Advocate CT fits a much bigger child. Like a 7 years old, 50″ inch tall, 56 lbs., by using the top harness height setting of this seat. Actually, she is technically over the 49″ inch stated height limit and I saw she was a little cramped in there but her shoulders were still below the harness slots of the seat. This Advocate CT car seat is outgrown by height once the child reaches 49″ inch tall or if their shoulders are above the harness slots of this car seat in the maximum height setting.
EASY USES OF ADVOCATE CT
The ClickTight line of Advocate CT is really awesome as they take the effort out of installing the car seat. Britax has made it where you can properly install the car seat the right way within just in five minutes. I think there is no guesswork in how you have to do it or if it is done correctly or not. This is exactly what makes the Advocate a good car seat.
In this car seat, you are given a turn button on the front of the car seat. You simply need to push it down and just turn it to raise the seat as much as you need. While you are raising the seat, simply put the seatbelt over the base of the car seat to adjust. Then you are in the final step yes, now you just have to click the seat down to the back into place as you want you can change cars quickly with this car seat.
For any car seat like this, I must say the installation is by far the biggest asset in this area. The proper recline system adjusts without any kinds of great effort, the ClickTight panel system of this car seat is very much easy to use once you properly understand the system.
The tightening process of the harness can be a challenging part at first and if you are going to use the seat on a child over 24 months, you may need to lengthen the harness at the hip straps for extra room. But if once the harness is lengthened, it will be so easy to tighten the straps.
The Click & Safe snug harness indicator of this car seat is intended to be an awesome audible click to help you the parents to be sure that the harness is snug enough for your baby. In my personal experience I must say, it may be a bit misleading if you are not conscious to remove the slack from the hip area of your car seat because it will be clicked while it feels tension in the shoulders of your baby, but it might not be accounted for trapped slack around the hips area.
Finally, I must say that, if you are ever in any kinds of sudden accident and if you need to move the car seat with your child in it, you must have to cut the seatbelt otherwise you will not be able to raise the seat with the child in the seat. I know this issue can raise confusion if the first responder is not known with it. It might be dangerous at the moment if you do not have any other way to cut the belt in an emergency situation.
COVERING AND CLEANING SYSTEM OF ADVOCATE CT
Let me tell you my experience that I actually hate to take covers off of car seats and that I am generally terrible at this fact. In this case, there was nothing inherently hard about taking the cover off the Advocate ClickTight with the ARB or putting it back on the car seat, actually covering it off took me a solid 10 minutes for each. The cover of this car seat is in four parts actually it is in 5 part if you count the buckle cover with it. Actually, each of the parts is a bit of a process while covering it off. If you do not get it back in place, the ClickTight panel of this car seat will not be closed, I found this was very frustrating for me after I have spent 10 minutes redressing a car seat actually. I might be unlikely to remove the cover of this car seat without a significant vomit situation around me, but it was far from impossible to do so you know!
The cover of this car seat can be machine washed easily, but it needs to be set out to dry before. The harness of this car seat is so much spot clean with water, so be conscious not to saturate or submerge it on the water.
COMFORTABLE AND SAFETY OF BRITAX ADVOCATE CT
The System of this car seat that the car seat system is built for ensuring that it is proper safe. The harness system of this car seat ensures to keep your child from flying forward from the seat. The side impact protection of this car seat is cushioned very well. The threads are V-shaped in this impressive car seat is to ensure the control system how they tear away. The steel base farm of this car seat help to absorb the energy in a sudden crush.
If you look on the side of the interior of this car seat. You will find the cushioning system that will fully support your little child’s head properly. The cushioning system has 3 impressive layers of protection which will protect your baby properly. The cushioning system will absorb the energy so that your baby is jarred as little as possible which is a sign of safety in this car.
This ADVOCATE CT impressive car seat will make your baby a comfortable Nap. Your little ones are known for sleeping on the way while ride home right? The Advocate CT will allow him/her to have a proper comfortable nap without banging their head with every bump in this car seat. The straps of this car seat are also quite wide enough so that your child will not dig into the tender skin while riding. This car seat makes for an easier ride and a better-rested for the child so that they can have the proper and comfortable nap while they are traveling with you.
DESIGN OF ADVOCATE CT
Advocate CT one of the most attractive car seats comes from the Britax family, and it has the highest quality of safety ratings of any producer in the USA. This impressive car seat has an outer shell which is designed and engineered to absorb the energy from the sudden impact of any kinds of the car accident if happened. The headrest of this car seat is very impressive and lined with the comfortable foaming system and obviously, the shell has several protective layers in it for side impact protection for your baby.
The fit and function process of the Advocate CT has been designed and engineered to be all about ease and safety for your baby. The harness system has an awesome ClickTight feature which will allow you to know that the seat is properly installed with a specific indicator that shows if the car seat is tightened properly or not. Actually, the harness system has 14 separate kinds of positions that can be adjusted instantly for your baby.
Britax family uses parts of making the car seat from all over the world, but Britax builds the seat in the USA where the car seat is continuously tested for safety measures.
As you know Britax company has been manufacturing the car seats for years. The car seat of Britax is made with a steel frame on a base which is built for absorbing the sudden accident impact. The tether system of Advocate CT will keep the seat in place because of its effective and well engineered V-shape and stitches that are designed and engineered to release in stages to lessen forward momentum in any kinds of sudden accident.
The strong shell of the Advocate CT comes in a neutral gray when the interior textile of this car seat is black with coordinating piping process. If you want to purchase the car seat from online, it may be packed with protective padding so you can find that it is safe delivery to your home. This car seat also comes with an impressive recline system and a level indicator button. Using the indicator button, you might be able of finding a proper comfortable recline angle for your baby. The level of this car seat will properly let you know if the recline angle is appropriately set for your child’s comfort or not.
ROOM OF BRITAX ADVOCATE CT
Britax company of USA has established weight and height ranges for the child who is allowed to ride either the rear-facing or the forward-facing of this car seat. When the weight limits of car seats are easy to determine, I think the height does need a thorough explanation for your baby.
The infants who are under 12 months of age might face the rear of the car and they will weigh between 5 and 40 pounds. While sitting in the shell of this Advocate CT car seat, the child’s head should not be allowed to go higher than one inch below the shell of this car seat.
This Advocate CT sets the limit at 27 inches, Which gives the Advocate the title of the tallest rear-facing seat on the globe! At the time you are ready to turn the car seat around, a child who will ride in it should be 20 to 65 pounds around and should not be taller than 54 inches at all. The Advocate CT is the second-tallest car seat of the market as the highest harness setting of this Advocate CT is 19.5 inches in height. The harness of this car seat can be adjusted in increments of .85 inches with the lowest setting of at 8.5 inches in this car seat. While the car seat faces in the front, you can realize your child’s safety by the location of the tips of his ears which is a good one.
I must tell you If your child’s ears just below the top of the shell, then your child will properly be safe in any kinds of a sudden car accident while sitting in the Advocate CT. Even though there you will find the proper functioning that a child who is 12 months of age can face the front in this car seat, The car seat safety experts from the globe recommend that child face the rear for much longer time when they are in the car seat and it is for even up to age two of a baby.
FULL SPECIFICATIONS OF BRITAX ADVOCATE CT
- Advocate CT allows the Rear-facing within 5-40 pounds, the head must be 1 inch from the top of the f fully extended headrest. . I think this is so much tall- one of the tallest rear facing seats of the market
- In the forward-facing system it allows within 20-65 pounds, and 49” inch or less than it, a least the baby must be 1 year old. I must tell you that the Britax company’s recommendation is children rear face to the limits of the car seat.
- The lower LATCH anchor of this car seat limits around 30 pounds rear-facing, and also 35 pounds for the forward-facing system.
- You will get the biggest 10 Year of Expiration on this car seat.
- This Advocate CT is fully FAA approved for use on airplanes when you need it.
FEATURES OF ADVOCATE CT
The ClickTight installation system of this car seat has a built-in lock-off button that installs the Advocate CT so easily that you will think you have done something wrong with it, except it is rock solidly installed and you perfectly have done everything in right way. Isn’t it so amazing?
- This car seat has 14-position headrest with no-rethread harness system.
- In this car seat, you will find 2 crotch buckle positions with EZ-Buckle System, that keeps the crotch buckle out of the way while loading and unloading your baby from the car seat. Once you have this, you will wish every seat had it as it is so amazing.
- This car seat has the most strong steel reinforced frame to ensuring your baby the proper safety.
- This awesome car seat has 3 layers of side energy absorbing impact protection and these are:
- The supper energy absorbing shell
- The soft Foam lined headrest
- The impressive external side impact cushions
- The Impact-absorbing base of this car seat contains cells that are designed and engineered to compress down while a sudden crash and reduce forward head excursion for your child.
- This Advocate CT has energy-absorbing Versa-Tether for the forward facing system.
- This car seat has the most impressive 7 recline positions with easy to read angle indication bubble system for rear-facing angle system. This car seat has 2 zones- the newborn and the toddler to allow for more upright for them, but it is still safe for your baby, It is pretty well for positioning for older rear facers. There are no too upright problems while rear facing the toddler in this car seat.
MEASUREMENTS OF ADVOCATE CT
- The Harness height range of this car seat is about 6.5” inch, and it’s width while an infant loaded to 18.5” inch.
- The crotch strap positions of this car seat are about 5.25” inch and 7” inch
- The depth of this car seat is about 10.5” inch.
- Internal height with head wings of this car seat is fully raised. The measurements are to the bottom of red harness adjusted around 27.5” inch.
- The rear-facing seated height of this car seat limit is around 18.65” inch.
- The external width of this car seat at the widest point of this car seat with side impact cushions is around 20.5” inch.
- The internal width of the seat portion is around 11.5” inch for this car seat.
- Internal width at shoulders in Advocate CT is around 16” inch.
- The w0idest point of the base of this car seat is around 14” inch.
- This car seat weight: 29.5 pounds.
THE ANTI-REBOUND BAR OF ADVOCATE CT
I think some of you may be wondering by guessing the fact that what an anti-rebound bar is! Right? Ok, before going to jump into the details of it, This is worth reviewing the function of an ARB system of Advocate CT. The anti-rebound bar which is called ARB is a U shaped piece of a metal that will connect to the foot area of the car seat and help to rest against the vehicle seat back in rear-facing mode for your baby. The anti-rebound bar of Advocate CT will prevent the seat from rebounding or bouncing back into the car seat back at the time of the final stages of a frontal sudden crash. In Britax’s private crash tests program, they had found that their ARB reduces the rebound of their seats by 40% which is very impressive and it will also provide you the improved stability for the front, rear-end and side-impact crashes for your baby. It may seem like an unassuming car seat accessory, but let me tell you that this chunk of metal can do more than meets the eye for your baby.
ATTACHING THE ARB OF ADVOCATE CT
The Anti-Rebound Bar of Advocate CT is only for the rear-facing system, but the directions of ARB for opening the ClickTight panel of this car seat for the forward facing installation which will be the same as described.
If you need to attach the ARB in the car seat, you just open the ClightTight panel system by pressing the indentation process on the circular of this car seat ClickTight which looks like a logo and then just turn it like a key. The panel should be pop right open. If you once open it, you will need to pull back the cover slightly to expose two small open areas near the foot area of this Advocate car seat, and they are marked with red color.
The ARB of this car seat then just slides in place into those two slots in the place. This ARB of car seat does not click in or really secure itself till the ClickTight panel is closed properly, my advice is do not pull on it until you have installed the seat or it is going to come flying out from the seat. Believe me, I myself once did that and was so dramatic and also hilarious, I took my own eye out of it and then I needed to put it back in the place, and it was thankfully easy.
INSTALLATION INFORMATION OF ADVOCATE CT
Seatbelt Installation of Advocate CT:
At the time of installing the rear-facing, the panel must be open as you just installed the ARB of the seat. While you are installing the forward-facing, just follow the directions above to open the panel of the seat, you should also unhook the Versa tether from the back of the seat as it may be next to impossible to get out once it is installed. If the ClickTight panel is open, you just require to route both the lap and the shoulder portions of the seatbelt through the proper belt path guide actually which are labeled clearly for rear and forward facing system of the seat, then just pull out any excessive slack- but, I need to tell you that this is very important so do not spend a lot of energy pulling out all the slack of this seat, You need to remove any obviously large volumes of slack if needed, then you just shut the ClickTight door down.
Now just check out the install by moving the seat side to side and front of back at the belt path and you will find that you easily get less than an inch of movement with almost effortless. You just make sure that you connect the tether and remove any slack if the installing is forward facing of the seat.
If you find that the panel does not be closed, then you might have pulled the belt too taut and also might require to give it a little more slack before you are going to close the ClickTight compartment of this car seat. Also, when you are going to install the rear-facing system, the seat may almost end up more upright by nature if once it is installed than it just looked while you were in the way of installing this car seat.
So I must say if you are going to plan to use this car seat with a newborn, just be proper sure and you need to make the seat within extra reclined prior to installation so I think it will be maximally reclined for the newborn recline angle range if once the panel is shut off this car seat.
LATCH INSTALLATION OF ADVOCATE CT
To be honest, I actually can’t understand why anyone would need to use the lower anchors on this Advocate CT car seat as the seatbelt installation is so much easy, but if you want to do it, it is very easy for you. Just remove the lower anchors of this car seat from their compartment on the back side of the seat. Then just open the ClickTight panel of the seat, then simply route the lower anchors of this car seat through the correct belt path as you see, just hook them onto the anchors of the car seat, then remove excess slack of the seat from the connector of the webbing, then close the ClickTight panel of the car seat and that might be what you want. Just check it out for movement at the belt path of the seat, you may need less than an inch side to side and front to back side of the seat.
TETHER OF ADVOCATE CT
As I mentioned you earlier, you just make sure that you have to attach the tether of the seat while you are using the seat in the forward-facing mood, at that time please discontinue use of the anti-rebound bar. The tether of this car seat is stored in a nice little compartment on the back of the seat, and it is nearly impossible to access if the seat is installed in the forward-facing mood. The tether system of this car seat should be utilized whether you want to install with the seat belt or lower anchors as it is bound to serve to dramatically reduce the forward head excursion of the baby. Please do not skip this step cause this step is extremely needed for safest operation of the seat while riding.
WHEN AND HOW TO INSTALL ADVOCATE CT REAR-FACING-
You may need to use the car seat in the rear-facing position of the seat from the time your baby is born till they are old enough and also tall enough also heavy enough to be turned forward-facing position. Please remember the fact that the AAP recommends keeping child rear-facing till they are at least two years of old.
HOW DO YOU INSTALL THE CAR SEAT IN THE REAR-FACING POSITION?
Before I go on the topic, I must say that you may need to know that Britax’s own site has great instructions and also videos for your help.
If you need to install an Advocate ClickTight car seat in a rear-facing position using the car’s seatbelt just check out below information:
- Just open the seat by pressing the ClickTight dial and rotating it until it releases.
- Simply recline the child’s seat and place it rear-facing on the vehicle’s seat.
- You just make sure the vehicle’s seatbelt is completely smooth and thread it through the rear-facing belt slots under the seat. Buckle the seatbelt, then pull tight and remove slack.
- Just close the seat until you hear a click. Check to make sure the ClickTight logo is a horizontal position.
- Make sure that the ball on the recline indicator is in the appropriate area for the child’s age.
- Make sure that the car seat cannot be moved more than one inch in any direction.
INSTALLATION ADVOCATE CT IN A REAR-FACING USING LATCH
Here are the details about what you need to do installing a rear-facing:
- Just open the LATCH compartment at the back of the car seat’s base, and remove the LATCH connectors.
- Then you need to open the seat by pressing the ClickTight dial and rotating it until it releases.
- Just recline the seat and place it, rear-facing, on the vehicle’s seat.
- Simply pull the lower connector strap to what would be the child’s left side and extend its full length. Then, easily slide the connector strap into the rear-facing belt slots under the seat.
- Strongly press the lower connectors over their adjacent anchors. Just ensure the connectors are secure and the strap is straight. Then, pull the end of the strap to remove the slack.
- Just close the seat until you hear a click. Check to make sure the ClickTight logo is horizontal.
- Then simply check that the ball on the recline indicator is in the appropriate area for the child’s age.
- Finally properly check that the car seat cannot be moved more than one inch in any direction.
While and how to install the Advocate ClickTight forward-facing mood.
While your child is ready to be turned forward-facing it may be after age two and when they have reached the rear-facing weight limit, at that time just turn the car seat to its forward-facing position.
I must say, Britax’s own site has both videos and instructions for this, and I strongly suggest that neither these nor the Britax site’s instructions are a replacement for the user manual.
INSTALLATION THE ADVOCATE CT USING CAR’S SEATBELT
To install the advocate CT using your car’s seatbelt all you need to do is here:
- Just remove the car seat’s tether from its compartment, and place it over the seat’s back. Then close the compartment.
- Make sure the car seat’s base is flat against the seat of the vehicle, and that no more than three inches of the car seat’s base hang over the edge of the vehicle’s seat. Just check that out that the vehicle’s headrest does not interfere with your car seat’s headrest or push the seat forward.
- Then you just open the Advocate ClickTight by pressing the ClickTight dial and rotating until it releases.
- Simply slide both the shoulder and lap belts into the forward-facing belt slots, and buckle the seatbelt. Remove the slack from both the lap and shoulder parts of the belt. At the time of using only a lap belt, push the seat down into the vehicle’s seat to tighten the belt.
- Just close the seat until you hear a click. The ClickTight logo should be horizontal.
- Then check that the recline indicator is in the appropriate area for your child’s age.
- Simply check that the seat cannot be moved more than one inch in any direction.
- Finally, locate the vehicle’s tether anchor, attach the tether, and remove the slack.
INSTALLATION OF ADVOCATE CT IN A FORWARD-FACING USING LATCH-
To install the advocate CT in the forward-facing position by using the LATCH you just need to do:
- First, remove the car seat’s tether from its compartment, and place it over the seat’s back. Close the compartment.
- Then open the LATCH compartment at the back of the car seat’s base, and remove the LATCH connectors.
- Make sure that the car seat’s base is flat against the seat of the vehicle, and that no more than three inches of the car seat’s base hang over the edge of the vehicle’s seat. Then check out that the vehicle’s headrest does not interfere with your car seat’s headrest or push the seat forward.
- Then just open the Advocate ClickTight by pressing the ClickTight dial and rotating until it releases.
- Now, pull out the lower connector strap to what would be the child’s left side and extend its full length. Then, slide the lower connector strap into the forward-facing belt slots under the seat.
- Strongly press the lower connectors over their adjacent anchors. Make sure the connectors are secure and the strap is straight. Then, pull the end of the strap to remove the slack.
- Then close the seat until you hear a click. The ClickTight logo should be horizontal.
- Now check out that the recline indicator is in the appropriate area for your child’s age.
- Then check that out the seat cannot be moved more than one inch in any direction.
- Finally, locate the vehicle’s tether anchor, attach the tether, and remove the slack.
OTHER INSTALLATION INFORMATION ABOUT ADVOCATE CT
At the moment that you think the headrest of the vehicle causes the Britax headrest to be displaced or prevents full extension of the headrest, Britax family says to the fact that you should remove the vehicle headrest.
If you think that the seat is too upright for a young infant, even on the maximal recline, you just can use a pool noodle or rolled towel to achieve an appropriate newborn angle.
THE UN-INSTALLATION PROCESS OF ADVOCATE CT
I insist that this part is very important – you cannot open the ClickTight panel until the seatbelt/latch strap tension has been released. At the time you’re installing with the seatbelt, this is very easy- simply unbuckled the seatbelt, then open the CT panel. Yes, with the latch strap, it’s not quite so simple. The latch connectors of this car seat are the old-style hooks. You can’t simply detach them like the seatbelt before opening the panel. Instead, you just have to use the tension release button near one of the hooks to release the tension on the latch strap. I think this might take Hulk level strength/creativity, as a result, this is just another reason the seatbelt installation is the way to go.
First of all, I must say that the installation with the seatbelt could not possibly be easier. I think this would be an ideal seat if you knew you’d need to move your car seat around pretty frequently. Yes, It is simply just nearly foolproof.
- The ClickTight compartment of Advocate CT acts as is a lock off also. As a result, you don’t need to understand how your seatbelts lock and you also do not need to switch the retractor to locked mode if you can understand how to they lock.
- This car seat is very tall in both rear-facing and forward-facing mode.
- Advocate CT has impressive 3 layers of side-impact protection for optimal protection.
- This car seat has the amazing 14-position no-rethread harness with easy adjustment.
- You will find the impressive 7-position recline with no limit on how upright the seat can be in the rear-facing mode for an older child.
- This car seat has EZ Buckle System which keeps the crotch buckle out of the way for loading and unloading.
- Advocate CT has EPP foam, with rip-stitch energy absorbing tether, also has HUGS pads and impact-absorbing technology in the base of this car seat that serves to absorb energy in a sudden crash.
- This car seat has removable harness strap covers and HUGS pads. This HUGS pads may be removed in RF, unable to be removed when FF.
- It is very much compact when installing rear facing, even though with the ARB installed.
- This car seat has long 10-year lifespan before expiration.
- Advocate CT is proudly Made in the USA by Britax!
After analyzing the whole issues of this Advocate CT I must say that there are more like non-advantages, as I think that none are truly that disadvantageous
- This Advocate CT more likely heavy and bulky but you may know that this bulkiness will ensure your child’s safety properly.
- The rear-facing leg room of this car seat for bigger kids is not great at all I think.
- This car seat is wide as there you will find the additional side-impact cushions. I must say the truth that If it’s too wide for your situation, the Boulevard CT ARB offers essentially the same interior in it, but it has a narrower exterior.
- The harness length of this car seat needs to be manually adjusted at the hip straps. Yes, this is to make it longer for kids more than 2 years old.
- The most frustrating fact is uninstalling the seat when installed with the hook-style lower LATCH anchors can be extremely challenging for you. I feel very thanks as the seatbelt install is very simple that there is no reason to install this seat using the lower LATCH anchors in your car. You simply remember to always use the top tether when you install the seat forward-facing mood.
THE MATTRES THAT MAKES ADVOCATE CT SO UNIQUE-
- The Advocate CT seat is the most impressive car seat and it is also convertible car seats which are very easy and simple to install in the car. Advocate CT will serve you as a rear-facing seat for infants and also a forward-facing seat for toddlers sitting. That clearly includes several Britax features which make it an extremely and strong safe car seat for a child who simply weights between 5 and 65 pounds.
- This car seat has several types of protection, from its SafeCell Impact Protections to its three layers of side-impact protection. I think, the highlight of the seats is the noticeable click that happens when the seat is installed.
- This car seat also includes the impressive 14-pound harness and a buckle that can be moved up and down to fit newborns, infants, and toddlers.
THE REASONS BEHIND ABOUT WHY YOU BUY THE ADVOCATE CT-
- Advocate ClickTight car seat is one of the safest car seats around the market. This car seat will prevent two of the most common parent mess-ups like the lack of proper installation, and the other is not getting the straps to fit perfectly. Advocate CT also has 3 layers of side impact cushion technology.
- Britax’s ClickTight car seats solve is the lack of proper installation and it is between 75-95% of car seats are not correctly installed. There is a whole lot of kids whose parents think that they are safe – but who aren’t really safe at all.
- The Advocate CT is very simple to install, and most interestingly nearly it is impossible to improperly installed. Advocate CT will render you follow their instructions properly.
- I must say that another tricky part about car seats is getting the straps to fit perfectly – and Advocate CT has taken care of that problem.
- In Advocate CT car seat there has a harness indicator, as a result, you may easily know while the harness is tight enough for your baby. Additionally, the harness system can be positioned impressively in 14 different ways and the buckle can be used in two different positions, and this is what makes it easier to find the perfect fit for your child.
- Finally, I want to add that the Advocate ClickTight has 3 layers of Britax’s side impact cushion technology, that works to absorb the impact, and therefore reduce, the energy transferred in a side crash and make the safety of your baby.
USING ADVOCATE CT FOR NEWBORN BABIES-
- Even though you may not cart it around on your arm like the other classic infant car seats, But the Advocate CT will provide your newborn with a 100% safe and 100% secure ride.
- Advocate ClickTight is very much impressive as I see. It has a convertible car seat which can be used both rear-facing and forward-facing mood. The headrest of Advocate CT can be adjusted to your baby’s height, so amazingly with 7 different ways to recline the seat for your baby, You will find the proper angle for your newborn or infant is very simple.
- To ensure the protection of their necks, the AAP recommends parents secure babies under two years of age in a reclining, I must say that the rear-facing safety seat.
- It is very appreciating that Britax recently has come out with an impressive anti-rebound bar and they are attaching on select Advocate ClickTight models seat. While you need to use in a rear-facing seat, this bar will change the center of gravity and will help lessen the head excursion in case of a sudden accident. I strongly suggest that If your model doesn’t come with an anti-rebound bar, you simply can purchase one cheaply and easily.
USING ADVOCATE CT FOR TODDLERS AND OLDER KIDS –
- I think the most impressive part about using Britax’s Advocate ClickTight for toddlers is that you can choose when you need to switch your child from rear-facing to forward-facing mood.
- Even though you are still bound by the general which is one inch below the top of the seat rule when the rear-facing your child, with a approximate seated shoulder height of 18.65″ inch, you will have plenty of easiness to choose correctly when to make the switch.
- I strongly need to say that in order to rear-face safely in any car seat, the top side of a baby’s head must be at least 1″ inch down the top of the seat. But this rule will not be applicable to forward-facing only car seats, or to convertible car seats used in a forward-facing position.
- You can easily use your Britax Advocate ClickTight as a rear-facing car seat for babies and toddlers up to 40lbs, then you just face it forward for toddlers and older children who weigh between 20lbs nearly 9kg and 65lbs nearly 29.5kg. Be remembered that, a child should be in left rear-facing as long as possible while riding.
- If you are using it for the older kids, you may know how important it is to keep your baby in a car seat – not just a booster – for as long as you can for your baby. Advocate ClickTight will securely keep your baby forward-facing and keep safe until he or she reaches 49″ inch around 124cm in height and 65lbs about 29.5kg in weight.
- At the time of Advocate, CT Britax family mentions the difference between the seated shoulder height” – i.e., just tosh to shoulder when sitting down – and absolute height. I think in the time of the unlikely instance your baby’s specifically seated shoulder height will reach 18.65″ inch nearly 47cm before your baby’s total height reaches 49″inch, You may still have to switch to a booster of the seat, regardless of how much he or she weighs while sitting.
- Just don’t worries, even though most of the kids will not reach those height limits till they are around 7 or 8 years old
Read More Car Seats Reviews
- 10 Best Convertible Car Seats
- Britax Pioneer Convertible Car Seat
- Baby Trend Car Seat
- Britax Boulevard Clicktight Car Seat
- Britax Advocate Clicktight Car Seat
- Chicco Keyfit 3 Infant Car Seat
- Evenflo Convertible Car Seat
- Safety First 3 in 1 Car Seat
- Maxi-Cosi Pria 85 Convertible Car Seat
- Graco Extend2fit Convertible Car Seat
- Graco 65 Convertible Car Seat
FINAL WORDS ABOUT THE ADVOCATE CT CAR SEAT-
Finally, I have come to the bottom line of this Britax Advocate ClickTight review. I clearly want to give you the firm and vivid concept with my final words. So, let see….
The car seat company of Britax has huge name and fame around the globe and also in marketplaces. The Advocate ClickTight car seat is a high-quality and most impressive car seat and very strong for long ten years. The parents whose child were properly secured in this car seat at the time of a sudden car crash went out and bought another Advocate ClickTight car seat after the crash, as their loving child came through without a single scratch by having 100% safety.
The advocate CT of Britax company has the ability of easy-to-clean option, It is also the easy-to-use seat and I think this does not have to be replaced as your child grows around the years. In case you can not get you baby fit the Advocate ClickTight in your car, the Boulevard ClickTight is a good alternative which also came from the Britax family. I suggest that if you have gotten the room in your car for the Advocate ClickTight, this is may be one of the best convertible car seats you will find. I forget to tell you that Britax’s nearly failed to proof easy installation feature which practically ensures your child will be more secure even though you have got two left hands.